Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Crash noticed multiple times using libssh 0.3.4]]

Hello Aris,
Thanks for your inputs. I'll make the changes to my code adding mutex and let you know if I see any issues.

Thanks,
Uday.

Aris Adamantiadis wrote:
ouch that reply-to catches me every time...

Re: [Fwd: Re: Crash noticed multiple times using libssh 0.3.4]
From:
Aris Adamantiadis <aris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:56:01 +0100
To:
uday.tennety@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:
uday.tennety@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Uday Tennety a écrit :
Hello Aris,
I tried initialization using ssh_init() before calling any of the ssh
functions but I still notice the crash. I've attached the relevant log
statements. We're actually using one thread to read from the channel and
another thread to write. Do you think this might be the reason for the
crash? If so, what kind of workarounds do you recommend?

Hi Uday,

I still have to analyze the log you provided, but by what you describe,
the problem is that you're using two libssh function at same time on
functions that are not threadsafe on the same channel.

I would recommend the use of a mutex in your own code, in order to
access only one libssh function at a time (at least on a single session,
there is normally no problem on different sessions).

Do not hesitate to ask if you need any help.

Regards,

Aris