Re: Hangs when downloading large files

On Thursday 11 March 2010 02:07:31 you wrote:
> Andreas,

Hi Greg,

> I upgraded to openssh-4.3p2-36. And now the hang no longer occurs. I was
> afraid it might be like that. On the one hand, it does strongly suggest
> a server bug, and that might mean that my customers can work around it
> by upgrading their SSH server. On the other hands, if they don't have
> the option of upgrading their SSH server, they have no solution, whereas
> if we'd stuck with 4.3p2-24, maybe we could perhaps have worked around
> it in libssh.

Well, the openssh version is the same, it is just a new bugfix release and
well between 4.3p2-24 and 4.3p2-36 two security bugs have been fixed as well.
So you should encourage them to update to the latest bugfix release.

> If you wish, I can retreat to 4.3p2-24, and we can continue to work on
> it there. But if you're content to leave things as they are in libssh,
> I'll see if my customers (two reported this problem) are content to
> upgrade their servers.

The question is if we are able to work around this bug from the client. You
should try to convince your customers to update the openssh package.

Cheers,

	-- andreas