Re: cmake / windows

On Tuesday 25 May 2010 01:07:16 you wrote:
> I've read through the docs and trac and i've been working with this for
> about an hour now.

Yes, Windows is a pain :)

> i can go through manually and adjust the zlib & openssl settings in
> cmake-gui, however i'm then taken down a trail to add in doxygen,
> ghostscript, etc, etc with no successful project/solution generation.

Doxygen is no requirement. It just checks for it's presence.

> I've tried running via the command line, much like what's posted on trac
> from 12 days ago.  However, for whatever reason cmake cannot find zlib
> when I do so.
>
> For the command line shown in trac
>
> http://dev.libssh.org/wiki/VisualStudio
>
> cmake -D_ZLIB_DIR="C:\\zlib" -D_OPENSSL_DIR="C:\\Openssl" ..\source\libssh\
>
> what is the directory listing for c:\\zlib and c:\\openssl in the
> example?  I've tried with the libs in the root dir, in a lib dir, in a
> bin dir, etc.

_ZLIB_DIR should be the root directory where it can find the lib and include
directory. Something like.

zlib\include\zlib.h
zlib\lib\z.dll

The same for openssl. CMake creates two files, CMakeOutput.log and
CMakeError.log where it normally reports what's wrong in detail.

> Thanks,
> -Bryan

Cheers,

	-- andreas