Re: Hangs on password queries once SSH session is up

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 09:22:06PM +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Sunday 20 June 2010 19:29:15 you wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 08:20:36AM -0400, Pierre Lewis wrote:
> > > I should be able to get the traces today.
> >
> > With 0.4.4.90, with traces on, I cannot reproduce the problem.
> > With traces off, it usually works, I got one hang (suggesting a
> > race condition). I will continue trying to get better traces.
>
> I've looked at the poll code again and fixed another small bug.
>
> http://www.libssh.org/files/test/libssh-0.4.4.91.tar.gz

Thank you very much, I will try this for a few days, and we'll
see what happens. But 0.4.4.90 already seems much better wrt
this issue.

Can you now answer the question as to why I ran into this hung
situation with commands such as su or ftp? Ie. what is unusual
here?

> Normally strace is your friend. I dunno if there is something like strace on
> windows.

Not sure either (I'm basically a Unix/Linux person).

Cheers,
Pierre