Re: Hangs on password queries once SSH session is up

On Wednesday 23 June 2010 23:05:31 Pierre Lewis wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 02:58:52PM +0200, Aris Adamantiadis wrote:
> > bsd_poll is the poll syscall emulation for oses (like windows <= XP)
> > which lacks native poll function. This function is used internally by
> > everything that is nonblocking (inc channel_poll).
>
> Sure enough, I discovered it does have an impact. With 0.4.4.92,
> the client no longer works correctly (basically it breaks right
> after the SSH session setup, no output, no prompt from remote as
> usual).

I've done some fixes this morning and compiled libssh with bsd_poll() on
Linux.

It works on v0-4, but we have a bug. If you type a char 'a' and then type 'b',
'a' gets echoed back. It works on master but not in the v0-4 branch.

> > Could you tell us which platform you're using ? (windows version,
> > compiler, ...).
>
> Sorry I forgot. WinXP SP 3; gcc from Cygwin (uname -a says:
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 CAOTTN0L010153 1.5.25(0.156/4/2) 2008-06-12 19:34
> i686 Cygwin). It's been on the machine for some months with no
> updates.

Ok, this really means you're using the bsd_poll() function.

> > I also think that while your workarounds are mostly working, they are
> > not portable and not really an alternative to a bugfree libssh.
>
> Very true. I just wasn't sure how much energy you wanted to spend
> on this, given the architectural mismatch. But I'm fine to
> continue with testing of course.

We want to support Windows, so we want to fix bugs on Windows :)

Is is possible to get your client that we can do some testing here. We lack of
example code for Windows :)

Cheers,

	-- andreas