Re: libssh 0.4.7 vs compression

Le 07/01/11 00:17, Mark Riordan a écrit :
> Is anyone else having problems with libssh 0.4.7 with compression
> turned on?
>
> In my testing, the server closes the connection right after key
> negotiation if I enable compression.  However, the session proceeds
> normally if I don't enable compression.
> If I switch back to the 0.4.6 DLL (I'm using Windows), compression
> works.
>
> I can't see any significant source code changes between 0.4.6 and 0.4.7
> source that would account for this.
>
> I compared Wireshark traces between the two versions and the only
> significant difference I can see (before the server sends a FIN)
> is that with 0.4.7, both the client and server send New Keys requests,
> whereas with 0.4.6, only the server does.
>
> Before I pursue this further, I'd like to know whether anyone else
> has tested 0.4.7 with compression.
>
> Thanks.
>
> /mrr

Hi Mark,

The behavior you describe looks like a compression mismatch : libssh
thinks there is no compression (none) and server thinks there is
compression after key exchange (zlib). (or quite the opposite)

I just looked at the git logs, indeed there is no obvious change that
would produce that behavior.

Having a verbose log of what happens would be useful. Could you generate
it using ssh_options_set(session, SSH_OPTIONS_LOG_VERBOSITY) set ?
The wireshark traces would be useful as well. If there is any kind of
error message shown on the ssh server, I'd like to see it too.

Thanks,

Aris