Re: Problem to using libssh 0.5.2

Hi Oliver,

If I understand you correctly, you're using Gambas as a wrapper around the libssh C API?

It may be more productive to attempt to reproduce the error outside of the Gambas context, the error you're seeing seems to be related to file permissions but one cannot be certain that the Gambas runtime is not introducing unanticipated interference which is beyond the scope of libssh.

 - Gearoid

On 10/01/12 11:53, Olivier Cruilles wrote:
Hello,

As I didn't receive any answer about my problem I send again an email to the mailing list.

I hope that someone can help me about a little problem using
the 'libssh' in a program.

My project is a little special and consist to use the library 'libssh'
that you develop in Gambas language on Linux.

http://gambas.sourceforge.net <http://gambas.sourceforge.net/>

In this language i can use directly all C libraries and take advantage
of all this power inside Gambas language because not all is possible or
not all is furnished.

So, my problem appear using the following function present in the
'libssh':

LIBSSH_API int ssh_scp_push_directory(ssh_scp scp, const char *dirname,
int mode);

Error message:

Create directory on remote server
- Directory: /tmp/direxample1
PermsResult  = 0000000111101101        Perm: 493
String:0755

Mode: 00000000000000000000000111101101  493

[SSH] Can't create remote directory: scp status code 1d not
    valid

A this point i don't know what to do and what is exactly this error code
'1d'.

I try many solutions around the permissions declaration and calcul but
nothing change.
In a first time,i don't no if the permission number must be declared in
4 bytes or 8 bytes and what exactly how to build this parameter.

I hope that you can help me because your library is very interesting for
me and offer me great possibilities.

Of course i called scp_new, then scp_init.

I joined to this email my projet in Gambas v3

To try it, just modify connection parameters in the MMain module
and start the execution of it.
So, in the console of Gambas you will see all information about my problem.

I use the last version of Gambas v3 and I use Fedora 14 and the libssh v0.5.2

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Olivier Cruilles
Mail: linuxos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:linuxos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>