Re: libssh and Visual C++ (again)

On Saturday 29 September 2012 14:13:48 Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Werner Koch <wk@xxxxxxxxx> [120927 14:11]:
> > On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:58, christophe.baribaud@xxxxxxxxx said:
> > > file, but is it a good practice to have an installed header file whose
> > > content varies from an architecture to another?
> >
> > Yes, that is imho fine and much easier to maintain than fragile
> > #ifdefs. Some libraries install a generic file and one system specific -
> > which is a similar approach.
>
> #ifdefs might be fragile, but non-generic header files are quite
> fragile, too, and can have ugly side-effects with cross-compiling
> and other cases. As long as there is a specific case like working
> around some very unusual environment, just checking for that with
> an ifdef can be quite a robust solution.

ssize_t under unix with large file support is a uint64_t. I think if we
replace the ssize_t in these two sftp function with uint64_t it will not be an
API breakage on unix and probably not a ABI breakage too.

A generated config.h as a public header is a no-go.

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx