Re Negotiation

I have been working on a sftp server and libssh has been great but I am now
having an issue the channel im using crashes after about a gig now through
some searching I found ssh does a renegotiation every gig of data so that
has to be whats causing it.

I have dug around and found this thread about a year ago
http://www.libssh.org/archive/libssh/2012-05/0000008.html saying that
libssh does not support key re-exchange right now :(

Is there any updates to this or workarounds I could do maybe specify
something to tell it not to need a re key exchange or something?

Thanks for the great library.