Re: Request a PTY when running a command

On Aug 4, 2013, at 2:20 AM, Andreas Schneider <asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 July 2013 09:14:59 William Orr wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to execute a command with sudo. sudo requires that I provide it
>> with an ask pass program or have a PTY.  Currently I have code that exec's
>> a program on the remote end (called wshd, wshd exec's sudo), and then
>> requests a PTY. This code returns an error reading "Channel request pty-req
>> failed." If I request a PTY prior to exec'ing a command, wshd never gets
>> exec'd.
>>
>> What I'm trying to do here is similar to `ssh -t <hostname> sudo whoami`,
>> which exec's sudo, but also forces allocation of a PTY.
>>
>> I'm using libssh 0.5.4 on RHEL 6.1. Let me know if you need more
>> information.
>>
>> http://bpaste.net/show/118708/
>
> Did you read our tutorial?
>
> http://api.libssh.org/master/libssh_tutor_shell.html
>

> Cheers,
>

> 	-- andreas
>
> --
> Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
> www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the help.

Now that I've converted my code, I'm having trouble sending more data over stdin. I can execute commands just fine. But the command I'm executing takes binary data from stdin. When I was executing it with wsh_channel_request_exec, I could send binary data to it's stdin just fine. Now that I'm requesting a shell and then executing it, it gets 0s for data. The data hasn't changed, nor does it seem to depend on the data I'm sending. I've ensured that I'm sending non-zero data.

My code worked prior to switching to request_shell.