Re: X11 Forwarding

Hi Dustin,

I'm not a libssh expert and truthfully it's been sometime since I've worked
with  (March 2012 or so)it to create a server that had the goal of
providing X11 forwarding along with public key authentication.

I'm not clear if you're trying to create a libssh server or client.

If it is the former then you maybe interested in going through my code that
you can get using git from git://ebrain.in/libssh-server.git

The server does work for simple X clients such as xcalc, xclock,etc. More
complicated X applications need multiple threads per session and this was
giving me trouble with the way libssh handled (not sure how things stand at
this point) multiple connects over a single session.

This should give you some understanding of the process on the server end to
implement X11 forwarding as I understood it.

If you need a client then I think understanding the server end of things
may still help you figure out how to implement the inverse in a client.

Again function names and capabilities in libssh may have changed since the
time.

Hope this helps. Feel free to query me on this.

Bye for now
Jeetu
ebrain.in
Discover and run software from any device in the resource pool around you.