Re: Putty and pkd

Hey Andreas,

On 3/27/14, 3:46 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> have you ever tested putty against pkd?

Ah yes -- I've used pkd here:

    https://github.com/simonsj/pkd

for reproducing bugs and verifying fixes for a few issues across each
of OpenSSH, PuTTY, and more recently Dropbear clients.

It's been helpful for me to do isolated testing for the client and host
key signature verification paths.  I've used it to reproduce and verify
a few things:

 * PuTTY RSA signature padding quirk
   http://www.libssh.org/archive/libssh/2014-01/0000046.html

 * DSA signature extraction case
   https://red.libssh.org/issues/144

 * Alan's ECDSA host keys enablement patch series
   http://www.libssh.org/archive/libssh/2014-02/0000083.html

 * Fix for 'first_kex_packet_follows' issue affecting modern dropbear clients
   http://www.libssh.org/archive/libssh/2014-03/0000044.html

I've updated the README today to include instructions for testing with
both PuTTY and Dropbear clients.  It would be nice to port over the
testing code to be included with the libssh testing proper, but I've
yet taken the time to do so :).

-Jon