Re: Question regarding assert in libssh-0.6.1

On Thursday 10 April 2014 06:14:38 Aartih wrote:
> Hi ,

Hi,

> From the libssh versions 0.6.1 we see that there are two places in
> packet_encrypt.c file where an assert(len) is added. Normally when we
> receive a bad packet length or a packet integrity error we hit this assert
> in  functions packet_decrypt and packet_encrypt.

both functions should *never* be called if the length is 0. If we do than the
code which calls the function has a serious bug we need to fix!

So if you hit the assert() and a core is dumped then open a bug!

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx