Re: libssh without OpenSSL

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your help !

Do you know if someone tried to port libssh (+OpenSSL) to vxWorks 6.x ?

Thanks,
Zvika -----Original Message----- From: Alan Dunn Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2014 4:40 PM To: libssh@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: libssh without OpenSSL
Hi Zvika,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Zvi Vered <veredz72@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. Is it possible to build libssh that will not need OpenSSL (downloaded
from www.openssl.org) ?

Yes, you can use libgcrypt instead of libcrypto (which is the OpenSSL
support that libssh requires).  You can do this with cmake option
-DWITH_GCRYPT:BOOL=ON .  You will need libgcrypt or libcrypto though.
With libgcrypt some libssh features are not supported (e.g. ECDSA host
keys), but I believe most are.

2. Is it possible to configure cmake to build libssh.a (and not dynamic
libraries) ?

It is possible to build a static libssh (libssh.a), but I think it is
not possible to solely build a static libssh with the current cmake
files (barring some general-purpose cmake commands for this situation
that I don't know).  However, I think it would not take too much
modification to the cmake files to accomplish what you want; just look
for everything with ${LIBSSH_SHARED_LIBRARY}.

Thanks,
- Alan