Re: building libssh for ios

On Wednesday 16 April 2014 13:11:23 Daniel Kroker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i want to build libssh for iOS but cmake fails.
>
> the iOS tolchain is in the attachment. Have someone try to build libssh for
> ios?
>
> command:
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/Users/da/Downloads/ios.toolchain.cmake
> -DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES=/Users/da/openssl-ios/lib/
> -DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIRS=/Users/da/openssl-ios/include/  -G Xcode ..
>

> Shell output:
>
> -- Toolchain using default iOS SDK:
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Devel
> oper/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.1.sdk
>
> -- Looking for include file pthread.h
>
> -- Looking for include file pthread.h - not found
>
> -- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
>
> -- Looking for argp.h
>
> -- Looking for argp.h - not found
>
> -- Looking for pty.h
>
> -- Looking for pty.h - not found
>
> -- Looking for termios.h
>
> -- Looking for termios.h - not found
>
> -- Looking for openssl/aes.h
>
> -- Looking for openssl/aes.h - not found
>
> -- Looking for openssl/blowfish.h
>
> -- Looking for openssl/blowfish.h - not found
>
> -- Looking for openssl/des.h
>
> -- Looking for openssl/des.h - not found
>
> -- Looking for strncpy
>
> -- Looking for strncpy - not found
>
> -- Looking for vsnprintf
>
> -- Looking for vsnprintf - not found
>
> -- Looking for snprintf
>
> -- Looking for snprintf - not found
>
> -- Looking for getaddrinfo in socket
>
> -- Looking for getaddrinfo in socket - not found
>
> -- Looking for hstrerror in resolv
>
> -- Looking for hstrerror in resolv - not found
>
> -- Looking for inet_pton in nsl
>
> -- Looking for inet_pton in nsl - not found
>
> -- Looking for nanosleep in rt
>
> -- Looking for nanosleep in rt - not found
>
> -- Looking for clock_gettime in rt
>
> -- Looking for clock_gettime in rt - not found
>
> -- Looking for getaddrinfo
>
> -- Looking for getaddrinfo - not found
>
> -- Looking for poll
>
> -- Looking for poll - not found
>
> -- Looking for select
>
> -- Looking for select - not found
>
> -- Looking for cfmakeraw
>
> -- Looking for cfmakeraw - not found
>
> -- Looking for regcomp
>
> -- Looking for regcomp - not found
>
> -- Looking for ntohll
>
> -- Looking for ntohll - not found
>
> -- Check if the system is big endian
>
> -- Searching 16 bit integer
>
> -- Looking for sys/types.h
>
> -- Looking for sys/types.h - not found
>
> -- Looking for stdint.h
>
> -- Looking for stdint.h - not found
>
> -- Looking for stddef.h
>
> -- Looking for stddef.h - not found
>
> -- Check size of unsigned short
>
> -- Check size of unsigned short - failed
>
> -- Check size of unsigned int
>
> -- Check size of unsigned int - failed
>
> -- Check size of unsigned long
>
> -- Check size of unsigned long - failed
>
> CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/TestBigEndian.cmake:44
> (message):

> [...]

This is pretty obviously not an issue of libssh. It is a problem with your
XCode trying to compile a simple C program to determine the size of standard
types, see the log:

Check dependencies
target specifies product type 'com.apple.product-type.tool', but there's no
such product type for the 'iphoneos' platform

Using a search engine on this gives e.g.:

There are a lot people with your issue. I'm sure you know how a search engine
works :)

Best regards,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx