help with simple ssh shell server

Hi,

I am attempting to implement a very simple ssh shell server for use on an embedded platform that has a custom shell. I am able to successfully establish the connection, take in commands and spit out the results. My question though is how does one handle echoing command inputs correctly, particularly with respect to the backspace key.

Currently, my echoing is just going through my normal stdout - with a "printf("%c", character) as each character is received - which is being written out to the ssh channel. But this does not seem to work with things like the backspace key.

Am i missing something?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Charles A. Barbe
Senior Software Engineer