Re: help with simple ssh shell server

I did something similar and found this to work well enough.

buf[0] is the character that was entered.
c is the number of characters collected so far on the current input line.
cmd[] is where it accumulates what has been typed so far.

What it does depends on whether the cursor is currently at the beginning
of a line or there is already some text entered.
Either way, sending '\b' will just move the cursor. So to get rid of a
character, you back up one character, then replace it with a literal
space and then back up again so the next character entered will be where
you expect it.

          if ( (buf[0] == 0x7f || buf[0] == CTRL('H')) )
          {
            if ( c > 0 )
            {
              cmd[--c] = 0;
              // back up, space over the character, then back up again
              ssh_channel_write(channel, "\b \b", 3);
            }
            else
              // clear any visible character
              // there is a prompt shown, so we don't allow backing up
any farther than that
              ssh_channel_write(channel, " \b", 2); // fix the client side
          }

Mike Jones