Re: Possible memory leaks (pki_crypto.c)

On 10/2/14, 11:10 AM, alvesfonseca@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> pki_signature_from_blob (reached only by the client-side) was not releasing
> memory correctly.
>
> After analizing the function, I found that DSA_SIG_new() and ECDSA_SIG_new()
> alloc the bignumbers used to represent the corresponding signatures.

I was able to reproduce the leak with ECDSA_SIG_new.

I've filed https://red.libssh.org/issues/175 to track fixing this.  In that
bug is a patch that fixes the ECDSA_SIG_new leak if you're using LIBCRYPTO
(it would need more work for a LIBGCRYPT build).

I was not able to reproduce any leak with the DSA_SIG_new usage, though.

-Jon