Building 32-bit RPM on 64-bit Linux

Hoping for some wisdom/advice. I am not very familiar with the mechanics
of CMake yet. (I'm a GNU make guy.)
Trying to build a 32-bit (i686) RPM of libssh on RedHat Enterprise Linux
7 (which is x86_64).
Borrowing the RHEL6 SRPM from here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/synchronization:/files/RedHat_RHEL-6/src/libssh-0.6.4-16.1.src.rpm

I can easily make  the default 64-bit (x86_64) RPM using this file.

When I build for i686, the library builds fine, but then the make fails
on one of the examples, libsshpp.
The problem is that, unlike all the other examples, CMake is not setting
the compile and link flags to have the -m32 option.
In fact, none of the other compile/link flags are present in just that
one example.

Trying to figure out what is different about libsshpp compared to all
the others...

Thanks for any advice!

- Mike