polling for incoming stdout and stderr

Hi,

I am a newcomer to libssh and am not clear on how I to do something.

The goal is to provide flow control on the client side for dealing with incoming
data for stdout, for stderr coming over a channel. For my use case, I need to
call poll myself, so the ssh poll and select functions won't be an option. I would
like to avoid having to poll on an fd for read and then have to check if the data
is for stdout or stderr. This would be wasteful if I am only interested in one of
them and it is the other that has data ready to be read.

I'd be happy to look over sample code or be directed to the appropriate docs,
function calls.

Thanks,
John