Multiple forward channels

Hello. I am creating a forward channel in pthreads. After you create a channel in a cycle of read channel created before getting EOF. Consistently it works. But if the creation begins to occur at the same time, start a variety of errors in the creation of the channel. For example Socket error: success. Why is this happening? Do I need to protect a mutex? Or you can use callback? How better to read and write channels at the same time?