From: V-Ravi-Chaitanya Chebolu
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2019 10:03 AM
To: Srikant Sana <srikant.sana@xxxxxxxxxx>; Nitesh Srivastava <nitesh.srivastava@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Manish Singh <manish.singh@xxxxxxxxxx>; Anjana Rajan <anjana.rajan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: compilation issue found in libssh-0.7.6 on VS2017

Hello Srikanth,

We are still awaiting response from Defensics.

The issues seems to be different in a way that the one fixed by libSSH versin 0.7.6 is Authentication Bypass which is occurred by, a user could just skip the authentication process and have his client send the SSH2_MSG_USERAUTH_SUCCESS and bypass all checks instead of sending SSH2_MSG_USERAUTH_REQUEST. This issue is not reported now.

But the one reported in defensics is different, in the Authorization Service Request Message message Defensics is appending invalid string in username field and it reported that Autentication Bypass was successful.

Regards,
Ravi Chaitanya.
Device Security Assurance Centre

For any DSAC enquiries, please send an E-mail to IN-dsac@xxxxxxx<mailto:IN-dsac@xxxxxxx>