Re: SSH Global Request

On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 09:11 +0100, Michal Vaško wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if the authors of libssh would have anything against
> making ssh_global_request() function from channels.h public. It would
> enable implementing NETCONF Call Home SSH keep-alive [1]. Thanks.

Hello,
in server side, there is already API for sending keepalive messages:

https://gitlab.com/libssh/libssh-mirror/-/blob/master/include/libssh/server.h#L368

In the connection, only one of the peers needs to send the keepalive
messages to keep a connection alive.

If you need the similar functionality in the client, I would rather see
it implemented by creating a new API function than exposing this
internal function.

Regards,
--
Jakub Jelen