Regarding setting timeout for ssh_sftp

Hi,

My name is Yash. In my current project, I have used ssh_sftp
APIs(sftp_open, sftp_write, sftp_close). When I interrupt my running
process(communicating with server) with the following command in my Ubuntu
18.04.

sudo iptables -I INPUT -s 3.21.92.53 -j DROP

This blocks my complete process.

I just want to know how to set up ssh_sftp APIs, so that if the app doesn't
get any response from the server. It will not block the my app. After a
specified time period, It should return with some error and proceed
further.

Other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks,
Yash K.