[SUPPORT REQUEST] Configuration of libssh host key algos on client

Hello libssh-team,

I am currently working on a project using libssh under the hood, but have problems to get it to work. I hope you can provide some help.

Task
Write a client for an existing server which cannot be changed/configured by me.

Approach
Connect to the server using the function `ssh_connect`.

Error
kex error : no match for method server host key algo: server [ssh-rsa], client [ssh-ed25519,ecdsa-sha2-nistp521,ecdsa-sha2-nistp384,ecdsa-sha2-nistp256,rsa-sha2-512,rsa-sha2-256]

Problem
Due to the restriction that I can only change the client side, I have to change the client so that it accepts the ssh-rsa algo.
According to the docs, it should be capable of doing so.

Troubleshooting so far
Added
PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes ssh-ed25519*,ssh-rsa*,ssh-dss*,ecdsa-sha2
to /etc/ssh/sshd_config to allow every algo on the client side.

I still get the same error. I do believe that the config might not be the correct file to configure libssh.

Can you give me some direction where I have to configure libssh so that the client also accepts the ssh-rsa algorithm? If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

i.A. Sebastian Kraust
Forschungsingenieur / Research Engineer

b-plus GmbH
Osterhofener Str. 13 | 93055 Regensburg
Tel +49 941 46624 208 | Fax +49 991 270302 99
sebastian.kraust@xxxxxxxxxx

Besucheradresse / Visitor address:
b-plus automotive GmbH
Osterhofener Str. 13, 93055 Regensburg, Germany

Website<http://www.b-plus.com/> | XING<https://www.xing.com/companies/b-plusgmbh> | FACEBOOK<https://www.facebook.com/bplusGmbH/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/b-plus-gmbh/>
[cid:image003.jpg@01D632BD.3948FA20]<https://www.b-plus.com/de/news-events/newsansicht/article/b-plus-gehoert-zu-bayerns-best-50.html>

b-plus GmbH
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director: Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Michael Sieg
Gerichtsstand /Handelsregister / Place of jurisdiction / Commercial register: HRB 1753 Deggendorf / Germany
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und löschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

JPEG image