Re: ssh_channel_request_exec is Failing, returning -1.

On Mon, 2020-06-22 at 05:18 +0000, V Sidnal, Nagraju wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>
> I tried  same with Default SSH server running on Debain 9.  However
> it still failed..
> channel = ssh_channel_new(my_ssh_session);
> rc =  ssh_channel_open_session(channel);
>  rc = ssh_channel_request_pty(channel);
> rc =  ssh_channel_request_shell(channel);
>  rc = ssh_channel_request_exec(channel, command.c_str());

If you open shell already, request_exec is no longer possible in that
particular channel. At that point, the shell is already running in the
server and you can run commands there by sending data to it and reading
data as described in tutorial:

https://api.libssh.org/stable/libssh_tutor_shell.html

If I read the logs right, device does not allow you to exec command
directly, but allows only shell access.

Hope it helps,
--
Jakub Jelen