libssh - using ssh-rsa with latest build from master

Hello,

I built the latest libssh from master. I am trying to create a SSH
client, to work
with a Netconf server. When I try to connect to the server, I get the
following message:

kex error : no match for method server host key algo: server
[ssh-rsa], client
[ssh-ed25519,ecdsa-sha2-nistp521,ecdsa-sha2-nistp384,ecdsa-sha2-nistp256,rsa-sha2-512,rsa-sha2-256]

I searched through this list and found:
https://www.libssh.org/archive/libssh/2020-05/0000023.html

As per the suggestion, I created a ~/.ssh/config file and also included a call
to ssh_options_parse_config() in my client code. Still no luck!
Is there a way to enable the 'ssh-rsa' option in the library/client code itself?
(I can build the lib with the option enabled)

Thanks.
--
Ani