Re: ssh v1 broken in 0.3.4

Norbert Kiesel a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> just found out that ssh v1 no longer works in 0.3.4.  I tested 0.3.3 and
> that is broken as well, not sure yet when it really broke (a late 0.2
> from svn works).  I ran it with debug 9 (see attached log), does that
> ring a bell?  Also would be more than happy to test potential patches if
> anyone has an idea.  I will also test with older versions to see when it
> broke.
>
> </nk>

Hi Norbert. I will try to find out what's happening there.
But I think it's the symptom of something important: the lack of quality
control procedures in our releases, which leaves us releasing broken
functionnalities, especialy when the number of users is really tiny.

I plan to do something for this, because the next major release (0.5)
will contain a big architectural change and thus every functionnality
should be tested. What I suggest is the following

#1 Enumerate features of libssh. This can be "big" features like SSHv1
or tiny ones like "allow compression", scp download, ...

#2 Create examples/test applications that use at least one of all of
these features. The goal is to have 4 or 5 examples which exposes the
whole API and can be used in regression testing

#3 Build configuration that allow all of these tests to run (I think
about SSH1 for instance)

#4 Write a checklist of tests which should be ran before each release.
This can be a manual operation

#5 Ultimately, write a functionnality test per feature. This will take
time, I know. When a bug is discovered, write a test that exhibits the
bug and leave it there so it is not introduced again.

Gladiac, do you have any comment about this ?

Aris