Re: Hangs on password queries once SSH session is up

On Friday 18 June 2010 02:06:54 you wrote:
> > So if I understand, your problem is that channel_poll is blocking. This
> > is indeed a problem and should not happen. In order to help us find out
>
> > what happens, could you:
> Yes, it blocks in these scenarios, but not otherwise (I now use the
> SSH client all day long, and it works fine). And if I provide the
> ftp password thru .netrc on the remote system, no issue either. So
> it really seems to be related to echo control (or some other pty
> setting?).
>
> Yet on most systems, "stty -echo" works as expected, so it's not
> echo control per se (and editors also turn that off).
>
> Again, I don't think it's a problem with the library, more likely
> with the way I'm using it.

It works just fine using our sample client on Linux here. But it is using the
native poll.

> libssh-0.4.2 (sources from http://www.libssh.org). Not sure
> about the "master from git", will try to figure it out.

I guess this is related to ssh_poll(). We have rewritten the poll stuff for
Windows from scratch for libssh 0.4.4 and fixed some bugs on Windows lately.

Could you try the latest version? Checkout the git repository or use

http://www.libssh.org/files/test/libssh-0.4.4.90.tar.gz

> > -call the ssh_options_set() function with the verbosity level set to the
> > highest level (which dumps a call trace) and attach the output in your
> > mail
>
> It may be a little while before I have time do this, as I'm not
> sure where the call trace goes just now. But I will as soon as I
> can.

Normally it goes to stderr. It is possible to write your own logging function.

> > -compiling your application with full debugging symbols, running your
> > program in gdb, then ^C it when the problem happens, then dump a C/P of
> > the result of the following command:
> > bt

Normally it helps if we have code snippets showing how you do it.

Cheers,

	-- andreas