Re: libssh thread support

Hello Everyone,

Just started using libssh and just subscribed to the listsrv.  This is a
very relevant thread to me as I'm trying to write a client/server
application with async communication.  I am coding both the client and
server side using libssh.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I think I'm using 0.5.0 (the tar file is named 0.4.91, but the SSH
banner is 0.5.0).  Do I actually have the latest release of 0.5.0rc1?
2. I finally started using libssh after the 0.5.0 release due to the
documentation claiming support for threads in 0.5.  If this is not
allowed, what other options might I have for async?

> So, let C be a channel, you cannot do
> thread 1:
>  ssh_channel_read(C,...)
> thread 2:
>  ssh_channel_write(C, ...)

Is this limitation only when using 0.4?

Ken

Andrew Tappert <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/14/2011 12:56 PM
Please respond to
libssh@xxxxxxxxxx

libssh@xxxxxxxxxx
cc
Aris Adamantiadis <aris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: libssh thread support

This leads me to think that threads aren't the right solution for me, so
I explore other parts of your tutorial.  I see this:

"Warning: ssh_select() and ssh_channel_select() are not relevant
anymore, since libssh is about to provide an easier system for
asynchronous communications. This subsection should be removed then."

What is the easier system for asynchronous communications?  When will it
be available?

Andrew