From: Andreas Schneider [mailto:asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 3:06 AM
To: libssh@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ssh_channel_read - expected behavior?

On Thursday 20 September 2012 06:03:16 you wrote:
> Hello,

Hey,

> My colleague and I updated our LibSSH library to the most recent
> source tree around mid-August (we manually built the library).  We
> noticed that the function "ssh_channel_read" began to behave a bit
> differently from the previous 0.5.0 library.  I also noticed from the
> release note of 0.5.2 the
> following: o
> Fixed possible infinite loop in channel_read().
>
> This leads me to believe that there was indeed a functionality change.
> We have been noticing that the function periodically returns even if
> no bytes have been read.  I would assume that this is to prevent
> getting stuck in the infinite loop as addressed in the note.  Could I
> get a bit more detail on the expected functionality of this function
> call?  Can we expect that the function return within x seconds (even if no bytes have been read)?

We added supports for timeouts, I think the default is 30 seconds. Is that the time you notice it?.

        -- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are ShoreTel property, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.  Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited