Starting and stopping a script in different threads

Hello,

We are working with MSVC2010, C++, and libssh.
The software we are developing  now is for a testbench for testing devices with a linux operating system.

Now our problem:
We start a linux script via ssh in a  worker-thread with low priority. We have done this according to chapter 4 ("passing a remote command") in the libssh tutorial. The script starts fine and works fine.
Unfortunately, the script can only be ended by a Cntl-C.  Because our software architecture this Cntl-C we only can send by another thread.

How to start a script in one thread and to end the script in another thread ? Can we do it so ?
How to send a "Cntl-C"?

Thanks and regards
Gerhard