Re: Building 32-bit RPM on 64-bit Linux

On 1/20/2015 5:30 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Monday 12 January 2015 17:12:18 Mike Jones wrote:
>> Hoping for some wisdom/advice. I am not very familiar with the mechanics
>> of CMake yet. (I'm a GNU make guy.)
>> Trying to build a 32-bit (i686) RPM of libssh on RedHat Enterprise Linux
>> 7 (which is x86_64).
>> Borrowing the RHEL6 SRPM from here:
>>
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/synchronization:/files/Re
>> dHat_RHEL-6/src/libssh-0.6.4-16.1.src.rpm
>>
>> I can easily make  the default 64-bit (x86_64) RPM using this file.
>>
>> When I build for i686, the library builds fine, but then the make fails
>> on one of the examples, libsshpp.
>> The problem is that, unlike all the other examples, CMake is not setting
>> the compile and link flags to have the -m32 option.
>> In fact, none of the other compile/link flags are present in just that
>> one example.
>>
>> Trying to figure out what is different about libsshpp compared to all
>> the others...
> It works just fine on CentOS6 ...
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/build/network:synchronization:files/CentOS_CentOS-6/i586/libssh/_log
>
> As you can see the rpm optflags are:
> -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --
> param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-
> tables -DOPENSSL_LOAD_CONF
>
> They are passed to cmake using -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING
>
> If you search the file for libsshpp you can see that the example compiles just
> fine.
>

> Cheers,
>

> 	-- andreas

Hmm... we are doing something differently.
I get the same results on CentOS 6.6, RHEL 7 and Fedora 21.
Perhaps missing packages? I only installed a minimal set of 32-bit
packages based on the errors coming from the rpmbuild attempt.
I'll keep digging and let you know what the missing magic is.

Thanks!

- Mike