Re: Errors after migrating from 0.6.0rc1 to 0.6.4

"I developed a Windows-based (using VS2010) server application..."

I am running on the Windows platform. There is no fork() implementation on Windows.

The only real difference between the example you suggested and my code is I am using threads to handle sessions instead of fork().

I am still getting client (putty) disconnects with "Incoming packet was garbled on decryption" during the key exchange. I wrote a NodeJS SSH2 client to test with also, and it is  throwing an exception stating "Bad packet length".

On 4/8/2015 12:50 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
On Tuesday 07 April 2015 09:32:53 Kevin Stewart wrote:
More information:

In 0.6.0rc1 I could use WSAAsyncSelect to determine when a client was
connecting, but in 0.6.4 I can't. I rewrote the code around the
ssh_bind_listen() to use  select() instead and now things are MOSTLY
working.

I am still getting client (putty) disconnects with "Incoming packet was
garbled on decryption" during the key exchange. I wrote a NodeJS SSH2
client to test with also, and it is throwing an exception stating "Bad
packet length".

On 4/6/2015 6:31 PM, Kevin Stewart wrote:
I developed a Windows-based (using VS2010) server application using the
0.6.0rc1 version of libssh and was getting memory leaks on a per connection
basis. I decided to migrate to the latest version (0.6.4) to see if it
alleviated these leaks and ran into different issues. The first issue is in
socket.c starting at line 314. ssh_socket_set_blocking() is failing and
WSAGetLastError() is returning 10022 (WSAEINVAL). Since sockets are
initially in blocking mode ("When a socket is created, it operates in
blocking mode by default (nonblocking mode is disabled). This is consistent
with BSD sockets." -
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms738573(v=vs.85).
aspx), I commented out the section of code to get passed the error. Now,
during the key exchange, clients (putty), disconnects with "Incoming packet
was garbled on decryption".
You should use our infrastructure and implement a callback based server.

https://git.libssh.org/projects/libssh.git/tree/examples/ssh_server_fork.c

You should use ssh_event ...

--
Kevin Stewart