Re: Support for Extended Attributes for SSH.

On Sunday 09 August 2015 13:08:42 Stef Bon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a fuse fs using libssh. Now this looks very good, since
> allmost every call is supported in libshh. But not xattr. Is it possible to
> add these to the protocol and libssh, or is it too difficult?

Hi,

the sftp protocol is not an Internet standard but it is still widely
implemented. OpenSSH and most other implementation implement Version 3 of the
protocol. We do the same in libssh:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02

As you can see there is no xattr support ...

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx