Need help in understanding libssh/libssh2‏

Hello, libssh Developers,

I am new to libssh and was wondering if you could help me to understand
this better.
I have a c code (running on Linux) from where, I need to access a remote
server (also running on Linux). I want to execute a few commands and run a
logic in that remote server before reading and writing files from/to the
remote server. I want to make use of libssh here. I am confused whether to
use libssh or libssh2. We are going to use SHA2 in our framework starting
next year and hence I want to have that in mind while choosing between
libssh and libssh2.

My system is running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4
(Tikanga) - x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

*I have the following questions:*
1. Should I go for libssh or libssh2?
2. Let me know the right rpm I need to choose in order to support this OS.
3. In future, if we decide to upgrade to Red hat 6 or higher version, will
I have to install new RPM for libssh?

Please let me know your thoughts. Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Kailash.

<kailash1209@xxxxxxxxx>