libssh 0.8 and testing

Hello,

I'm sorry that everything is stalled right now. If you wonder what is going
on, I'm working on a much better testing infrastructure for libssh. I already
implemented it using cwrap [1]. However the cwrap tools needed additional
fixes and features in order to support that.

The first TCP_NODELAY support for setsockopt/getsockopt in socket_wrapper.
This is fixed with socket_wrapper 1.1.5.

The next was checking privileges when changing IDs in uid_wrapper. I've
released uid_wrapper 1.2.0 today [2]. It took a while to get it a) correct and
b) massively extend the test suite.

So there are two things left:

A new nss_wrapper release with support for getspnam() (shadow files) and
pam_wrapper.

nss_wrapper:

I've already implemented support for getspnam() and other functions. However
in the meantime we improved IPv6 support in nss_wrapper and we have introduced
some memory leaks. They are already fixed and patches need a second reviewer
to go in. So I can do a release beginning of next week.

pam_wrapper:

This is a new tool to test PAM applications and modules. I've started to
implement it and Jakub took over. sshd can now authenticate fake users using
our pam_matrix module :)

For those who are interested, we also wrote a test library to simplify testing
of PAM modules.

We are implementing the last bits. We need to add python bindings and write
the documentation. So we hope to release next week or in two weeks.

The same day I can push the libssh cwrap branch to master and we can get back
to speed with libssh development. I have several patchset which are ready for
master like the new connector code from Aris.

Thanks for your patience!

	-- andreas

[1] https://cwrap.org
[2] https://blog.cryptomilk.org/2015/10/29/uid_wrapper-1-2-0-released/

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx