Re: [Patch] Replace deprecated WSAStringToAddressA

On Wednesday, June 07, 2017 02:09 PM, Aris Adamantiadis wrote:
On 7/06/17 07:40, Chris Ruehl wrote:
-    rc = WSAStringToAddressA((LPSTR) str,
+    rc = WSAStringToAddressW((LPWSTR) str,

Hi Chris,

Does the cast from char * to LPWSTR really work that way? I'm not very
well experienced in Windows programming but if I recall properly you're
supposed to convert the C string into a unicode wide string before using
the -W family functions. Am I mistaken?

Thanks,

Aris

I'd linked it with my application where I use the pure IP-address to connect to a host. Verified its works well. I used QTCreator which shows the parameter list so I used it for the cast.

I don't want to open the box and change all to wchar_t :o)

Chris