Re: libssh 0.8.4 with Cisco router

On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 18:09:25 CEST Meng Hourk Tan wrote:
> Hello,

Hello Meng,

> I had the same issue with some Cisco router:
>
> Some Cisco IOS do not send kex if they send the banner last (libssh as a
> client sent it first).
>
> In this situation, both libssh client and Cisco IOS server hang.
>
> Libssh client should send kex init as soon as banners are exchanged.

Thanks you very much for your patch.

Could you please change the patch to follow our coding style:

+            if (ssh_set_client_kex(session) < 0) {
+                goto error;
+            }

should for example use a helper variable for easier debugging:

rc = ssh_set_client_kex(session);
if (rc != SSH_OK) {
    goto error;
}

Thanks,

	Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                 asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D