Re: CHUNKSIZE in connector.c

On Friday, July 19, 2019 1:53:30 PM CEST Chris Townsend wrote:
> Hi Andreas,

Hi Chris,

> Well, I did try 32768 bytes for CHUNKSIZE and although the bug was much
> less likely to happen, I still did see it occur.  Maybe there was some
> overhead in the frame or some such, so I thought 64K should be enough:)
>
> Also, I do agree that it just hides the problem, so I did try to fix it
> via a loop to read again from the socket, but the problem I ran into was
> that it's not clear if the next read is for this particular event or for
> another event that is not related.  I then started to read data for
> other events and that was getting outputted to the screen via the
> socket->stdout connector.

I think we need a test for this to reproduce and then fix it correctly. If it
fails in this case I'm sure there are others.

So if you could look into that, that would be great, else file a bug report.

Thanks,

	Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                 asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D