Re: ssh_pki_export_privkey_file ... ISSUE FOUND - only read this reply :)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 10:36:35 +0100
Jakub Jelen <jjelen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good to hear that you figured out the issue.
>
> With OpenSSL you should be fine. The gcrypt backed is limited in this
> way (patches always welcomed).

By this case i just learned how to recompile a package with debug symbols,
install it and step, with gdb, into its exectution to see where the error
occurs - no further ambitions into internals of unknown crypto-packages :)

Btw, it looks like i'm ending up using your fine libssh after trying GnuTLS
and libssh2 in my current project. Is it possible to use libssh with
asyncronous i/o ? I have a select loop whith my socket descriptors (one for
accepting new connections, the other established ones, and handling signals).
This approach fits exactly my use case, no need to fork a process for every
connection.

I have functions ready to deal with single bytes comming over the established
connections and act accordingly (using GnuTLS at the moment), all works fine.

But it would be a great benefit to use the ssh like key management and
known/unknown hosts handling, which libssh provides out of the box.

Some hints into libssh's function documentation should be sufficient.

Thanks in advance.

--
Torsten Kuehnel <tdkuehnel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>