Request to help regarding ssh_scp apis.

Hi,
My name is Yash Katta. In my current project. I am working on ssh_scp APIs
(more precisely ssh_scp_push_file, ssh_scp_write, ssh_scp_push_directory
APIs).
When I interrupt the scp communication on my Ubuntu 18.04 using a command

*$ sudo iptables -I INPUT -s [ip_address] -j DROP*

The process completely stops for an unknown time period.

So I want to ask, how to set a timeout for this task. so that if I didn't
get the response, it will wait for some time and on timeout, it returns
some SSH_ERROR and proceeds further.

Thanks,
Yash Katta