Re: ssh connection via a proxy

On Monday, August 2, 2021 11:28:10 PM CEST Jeremy Fix wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I would like to use libssh for connecting to a remote host via a
> gateway, executing a command on the remote host and parsing its standard
> outputs/errors; So the picture is  localhost -> gateway -> remote
>
> I'm pretty new with libssh. I used to do that with command line ssh by
> specifying
>
>     ssh -o ProxyCommand='ssh -W %h:%p mylogin@gateway' mylogin@remote
> mycommand
>
> It is not obvious to me how to do that with libssh; One track I have in
> mind is a variant of the above with :
>
>     ssh -L 9999:remote:22 mylogin@gateway
>
>     ssh -p 9999 mylogin@localhost mycommand
>
> therefore I would establish a tunnel then create a new libssh session on
> localhost and execute the command in a channel on this new session.

Which part to do you want to implement with libssh exactly. The client side or
the proxy or both?

libssh supports the proxy command see the options:
https://api.libssh.org/stable/
group__libssh__session.html#ga7a801b85800baa3f4e16f5b47db0a73d

SSH_OPTIONS_PROXYCOMMAND: Set the command to be executed in order to connect
to server (const char *).

	Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                 asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D