Re: Building libssh with GSSAPI support on Windows?

Hi Adam,

I'm afraid I don't have a good answer. Afaik no one tried to compile GSSAPI support on windows before. The problems you have seem to come from the windows headers themselves. Maybe try to remove a few network-related headers in gssapi.c until it doesn't complain about redefinitions.

For the other warnings, you can ignore them even if it would be better in the long run to fix them.

Aris

Le 29/07/21 à 10:15, Kerrison, Adam a écrit :

Hello

As the subject says, I am attempting to build libssh 0.9.5 with GSSAPI support on Windows. From what I’ve figure out, this hasn’t been done before, as the FindGSSAPI.cmake module doesn’t even attempt to find the libs on anything but UNIX.

I’ve got the Kerberos for Windows package installed so I’ve added a section to the FindGSSAPI.cmake module which allows the cmake generator to run:

if (WIN32)

    if (EXISTS "C:\Program Files\\MIT\\Kerberos")

        set(GSSAPI_FLAVOR_MIT TRUE)

        set(GSSAPI_ROOT_DIR "C:\\Program Files\\MIT\\Kerberos")

        set(GSSAPI_LIBRARIES "gssapi64.lib krb5_64.lib comerr64.lib")

    endif()

endif (WIN32)

It reports GSSAPI: ON 😊

However, when the actual build runs its all fine until it reaches the gssapi.c then it just fails with a myriad of warnings and errors. Some examples:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\shared\ws2def.h(100): warning C4005: 'AF_IPX': macro redefinition [C:\src\buildroot\src\ssh.vcxproj]

  C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\winsock.h(452): note: see previous definition of 'AF_IPX'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\shared\ws2def.h(421): error C2059: syntax error: 'constant' [C:\src\buildroot\src\ssh.vcxproj]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\um\winsock2.h(2499): error C2375: 'WSACancelBlockingCall': redefinition; different linkage [C:\src\buildroot\src\ssh.vcxproj]

Also, quite a few other files complain about a possible loss of data (it’s a 64 bit build), for example:

C:\src \libssh-0.9.5\src\base64.c(191): warning C4244: '=': conversion from '__int64' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data [C:\src\buildroot\src\ssh.vcxproj]

Has anyone tried to build libssh with GSSAPI support on Windows? Does anyone have a clue what is wrong here? I’ve built plenty of packages on Linux and Windows but I’m not very experienced with MS Visual Studio and the vxproj files seem like voodoo to me ☹

Thanks

Adam

BMC Software Limited Registered Office: Building E2, Eskdale Road, Winnersh, Wokingham, Berkshire, United Kingdom, RG41 5TS Registered in England No. 1927903 The content of this email is confidential. If you are not the addressee, you may not distribute, copy or disclose any part of it. If you receive this message in error, please delete this from your system and notify the sender immediately.