Re: parsing "Include" Keyword in ssh config

On 9/19/21 11:23 PM, emak wrote:
Hi all

I use Remmina which apparently uses libssl as library to create the SSH Tunnels. There is an option to parse the ~/.ssh/config file which works fine.

If - for the sake of simplicity - I have my config files for different subjects independently, but added to the main config with the "Include" Keyword, they are not parsed.

How could that be fixed? The dev of Remmina told me to ask you guys. See also: https://gitlab.com/Remmina/Remmina/-/issues/2604

What libssh version is remina using in your system. In the issue I read you use snap, but I am not sure where are the versions pulled from. snapcraft.conf lists just libssh-dev.

The include keyword is supported in libssh-0.9 as well as in libssh-0.8 so I assume you will use some corner case that works in openssh but not in libssh.

First of all, can you provide a minimal configuration reproducer that works for you with openssh, but not with libssh? Debug log from libssh would be also helpful as libssh writes some information about parsing configuration files, but I am not sure about the way how to turn the logging through remina. Alternatively, you can try building some examples programs from libssh repository to see how your configuration is parsed.

Regards,
--
Jakub Jelen
Crypto Team, Security Engineering