Re: Suggestion: mention ssh_init() in "The Tutorial"?

On Thursday, 30 December 2021 17:45:51 CET Mason Hieb wrote:
>  Hi, I'm a complete newbie to this library, and was *really* struggling to
> get the tutorial to work for me because I kept getting the "Library Not
> Initialized" error but couldn't understand why.
>
> I discovered - after much frustration and searching - that because I'm
> statically linking the library, I need to add "ssh_init()" to the start of
> my program (and "ssh_finalize()" at the end). The tutorial assumes a
> dynamic build.
>
> I humbly recommend, from my newbie perspective, that it might be good to
> mention this in Chapter 1 of the tutorial ("if you are using a static
> library build of sshlib, then you must add these functions" etc)

ssh_init() is called automatilly when you use the shared library.

We do not prefer that people statically link libssh as they often don't
understand the implications.

https://tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-lesser-general-public-license-v2.1-(lgpl-2.1)