Receiving and setting TERM env

Hello,

I implemented an SSH server using the example in ssh_server.c as a base.

In the exec_pty function, I'm executing another program that uses ncurses.

I believe I need to pass the client's TERM environment variable to the PTY allocated to that client so that the ncurses program knows how to display itself properly. Am I correct?

How can I receive the TERM environment variable sent by the client and set it in the allocated PTY?

Thank you,

Jose Bravo