GSoC Project: Integrating FIDO/U2F key support in libssh

Hello everyone,

I am reaching out to express my interest in participating in the GSoC program with libssh. Having worked with webauthn previously and theU2F/CTAP specification, implementing a virtual FIDO device, bringingsupport for these devices to libssh, quickly caught my eye.

I am proficient in C, and posses knowledge of ECC.

I'll be sharing my full proposal, quite soon; I'll appreciate any and all feedback; in short: I plan to bring support for U2F (CTAP1) andCTAP2 keys for libssh, in an efficient and seamless way.

I’ve also done my code contribution (small one),
(https://gitlab.com/libssh/libssh-mirror/-/merge_requests/476) if it’s below of what’s deemed necessary/appropriate, I’ll be more than happy to contribute more, at whatever I’m directed at.

Thank all of you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Diego Roux