libssh as static lib

Hi all,

I'm new with libssh. It seems that libssh is what I need, and I would like to use it in my project (win32 environment).
I would like to add it to my project as static library and not dynamic library, is it possible? I installed libssh.exe and I saw there the file 'libssh.a', what is that file, Is it what I need (is it like *.lib file?)

Please assist
Thanks

Rami