Re: help needed compiling libssh with msvc

On Wednesday 08 February 2012 07:56:24 you wrote:
> [...]
> >> c:\source-simon\openssl-build. So far so good.
> >>
> >> I then cd into c:\source-simon\libssh-build and run cmake-gui and
> >> configure the following:
> >> - Where is the source code: C:/source-simon/libssh
> >> - Where to build the binaries: C:/source-simon/libssh-build
> >> - OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR: C:/source-simon/openssl-build/include
> >> - Uncheck 'WITH_GCRYPT'
> >> - Uncheck 'WITH_ZLIB' (for the time being)
> >>
> >> When I click on 'Configure' then I get:
> >>
> >> Could NOT find OpenSSL (missing:  OPENSSL_LIBRARIES)
> >> Could NOT find GCrypt, try to set the path to GCrypt root folder in
> >> the system variable GCRYPT_ROOT_DIR (missing:  GCRYPT_INCLUDE_DIR
> >> GCRYPT_LIBRARIES)
> >> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:61 (message):
> >>   Could not find OpenSSL or GCrypt
> >> Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
> >>
> >> What is it still asking for GCrypt even though I unchecked it? I
> >> understand that either openssl *or* libgcrypt in necessary, or?
> >>
> >> Here's what my folders look like:
> >>
> >> c:\>tree source-simon
> >> C:\SOURCE-SIMON
> >> ├───libssh
> >> │   ├───build
> >> │   ├───cmake
> >> │   │   └───Modules
> >> │   ├───CMakeFiles
> >> │   │   └───CMakeTmp
> >> │   │       ├───CMakeFiles
> >> │   │       ├───cmTryCompileExec.dir
> >> │   │       │   └───Debug
> >> │   │       └───Debug
> >> │   ├───doc
> >> │   ├───examples
> >> │   ├───include
> >> │   │   └───libssh
> >> │   ├───src
> >> │   │   └───threads
> >> │   └───tests
> >> │       ├───benchmarks
> >> │       ├───client
> >> │       ├───sftp_stress
> >> │       └───unittests
> >> ├───libssh-build
> >> │   └───CMakeFiles
> >> │       └───CMakeTmp
> >> │           ├───CMakeFiles
> >> │           ├───cmTryCompileExec.dir
> >> │           │   └───Debug
> >> │           └───Debug
> >> ├───openssl-0.9.8t
> >> └───openssl-build
> >>     ├───bin
> >>     ├───include
> >>     │   └───openssl
> >>     └───lib
> >>
> >> I've tried creating OPENSSL_LIBRARIES and/or OPENSSL_LIBRARY but I get
> >> the same errors.
> >>
> >> I have MSVC Prof 10 installed on a 64bit Windows 2008 R2 Standard.
> >> I've tried selecting both 'Current Generator: Visual Studio 10' and
> >> 'Current Generator: Visual Studio 10 Win64'. But same error.
> >>
> >> Please help!
> >
> > Set OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR to C:\SOURCE-SIMON\openssl-build
>
> Thanks. I set OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR and got new behaviour from cmake-gui.
> Same error, but the key disappears after I press configure. On closer
> inspection then the key is there if I check 'Advanced' view. Any more

I've downloaded the offical openssl win32 binaries, installed them, run cmake
to create VS2010 files and compiled it without a problem. If something is
wrong check your cmake log files.

I'm not a Windows user nor a Windows developer. I just make sure that it
compiles and works on Windows form time to time. Windows is just a pain for
me.

You're a Windows developer, aren't you? :)

> Or is there a command line only log then somebody can post
> showing what a successful build looks like. I would also be interested
> in not having to use cmake-gui for eventual ease of automation. Is
> there an alternative mechanism?

Use the CMake.exe commandline tool?

> Thanks,
> Simon

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                asn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx